Thursday, December 08, 2011

My Christmas Wonderland



I don’t know and I hope that my emotions right now wouldn’t reflect on my writings. You see, I’ve got this wonderful job of arranging letters and words and forming them into such a way they convey information and have a sense of thought. Blah! Blah! Blah! XD

But I just can’t help it not to be a bit emotional. I am a true blue sentimental and I give ENORMOUS meaning and importance to the things and people which/who/that matter to me.

Or should I put the blame on Korina, Kabayan and Ted who constantly remind me of the few remaining days before Christmas Day? Urghhhh the Holidays always make me a notch more sentimental and EMOtional. I have always been fascinated with Christmas. From the time I gained consciousness to the world, the first thing I can actually remember of my childhood is a very merry Christmas with my most beloved family – having good times around the Christmas tree and of course, having everyone around. That particular innocent memory of my kamusmusan errrrr much younger days perhaps made me personally very attached to the Christmas Season.

With just a single Christmas Jingle, my mind would automatically wander on my own Christmas Wonderland where every moment I spent there was just of laughter, kindness, peace, happiness…love.

For more than two decades now I foster that feeling and every year, starting from the month of September (sometimes August), my world would slowly turn into a Christmas Wonderland. And now, Christmas is actually here (shrieks)!!! Early morning, I would wake up to a gazillion of stars above pointing out my favorite brightest star (a comet daw) as well as the Orion’s belt, the Ursas Minor and Major. Honestly, whenever I would attend a Simbang Gabi or Dawn Mass, I would literally tilt my head up enjoying the sight of the twinkling diamonds above me until I reach our church (the astonishing San Isidro Labrador Parish).

Since I was a kid until now that I am still a kid…at heart, I always prepare a place in my heart for the things that are Christmas – giving: not just material things but those stuffs that really matter more than anything in this world. I could name one…TIME. Time is the most precious gift we can have and give to people around us. And if we could only appreciate the time we had the persons who make us happy all throughout the year, we could not have asked for any other material presents underneath our Christmas trees.

This Christmas, our presence and the presence of the people whom we cherish will surely be enough to turn this very imperfect world into a wonderland where love, peace and happiness exist. No fancy gift wrapper and ribbon can ever wrap and enclose time. Even how simple our Noche Buena could be, as long as we have the luxury of time to be with our family and the presence of everyone, no expensive material gift comes close.

Somewhere in our hearts, the Christmas Wonderland lays waiting for us to be rediscovered with family and friends.


peace out...yow! ^.~ magicvince|tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, thanks!:)